Pristine Pre-Owned Challengers
Proudly Shown by ChallengerWest
We do not buy and sell used Challengers. From time to time
however, a real gem comes along, and we are
asked to exhibit it for a proud owner, who we know personally.
The deal is facilitated by us, but made between you and the owner as a
private sale (therefore NO GST!). That is generally all you will ever find here - absolutely pristine, quality
built, and exceptionally well flown and maintained Challengers*. The most pristine and well-maintained Challengers never hit the
airplane classifieds - they move very quickly and quietly by word of
mouth amongst a very select few. So, if you happen to drop by
here and see something you like, move quickly.
Please note that this is not a forum for bargain hunters, rather a
place for people looking for the very best in pristine, high-quality
Pristine 582 Challenger
II Premium - Asking $42,000 (OBO). NO GST.
Want a gorgeous Challenger but don't have time to
build? Here is an easy path to instant gratification. We
sold this aircraft as a new kit. The aircraft was
professionally built and has been professionally maintained since
new, and is flown regularly.
- Registered as Advanced Ultralight (AULA) and based in
- One owner since new
- Mid-length 29.5' wing with fiberglass tips
- Low/Wide Side Body
- Kit serial number CH2-1205-2708 purchased Apr 2007
- Built professionally in 2008 by Kris Falk.
- Maintained by Dan Pandur of Snowbird Aviation in Westlock.
- Always hangared.
- Just over 250 Hours Total Air Time
- New Rotax 582 installed at 250 hours airframe time Jan 2014
- New Lexan windscreen and doors installed 2014
- High visibility paint scheme
- Warp Drive variable pitch 3 blade composite prop with nickel
leading edge (ideal for float operations)
- Oil Injection
- Turbulence fiberglass gear legs & upgraded shock suspension
nose wheel (ideal for pastures)
- 60 Litre aluminum fuel tank gives comfortable 2.5 to 3 hour
- Cabin heat, winter radiator shroud, oil injection, 60 Litre
(17 U.S. Gallon) aluminum fuel tank
- Upgraded Turbulence Mirabel seat cushions with backrest bag
- Hegar disc brakes, aluminum wheels, and tundra tires (ideal
- A6 radio/Miracle Whip antenna assembly
Replacement cost on this aircraft, professionally assembled, and
with this equipment, would be in excess of $60,000 plus GST.
C-IMGF Photos (More available on request)
Minor Damage History:
Considered minor and professionally repaired, our policy is
always one of full disclosure:
- The owner had a hard landing when soloing during training.
The landing gear was bent and a factory supplied longeron repair
kit was professionally installed.
- Last December, the owner had an engine problem and landed on
ice with no damage, but the rollout ended up into some rough ice
that damaged the nose gear and landing gear cables. All
was professionally repaired. A tail stabilizer rod that
got a minor bend getting the airplane to shore was also
replaced. A brand new 582 was installed at that time.
Sorry, SOLD, But you
You can watch some gorgeous video of this airplane by clicking the
picture below. Probably one of the prettiest Challengers ever
built, and certainly one of the best Challenger videos. If you
want to see this airplane up close and personal, well, let's just say
it lives really close to Jelly Bean and IROC.
Please write or call for more
* Potential buyers of any used airplane are advised to
undertake their own due diligence prior to purchase.
ChallengerWest makes no warrantees or representations as to the
condition or airworthiness of any aircraft, and acts only as a
780-985-4231 or by